||This item will ship out of our warehouse in 1-2 business days
Quite simply the easiest Food Plot to plant in the Rack Stacker Family. All you need is a rake and you can plant just about any opening in the bush.
Walk N Toss was designed for those tough to get you locations way back off the beaten path. But, after many trials in the field we found it worked great for 4 wheeler trails, logging roads and landings. We’ve even had customer plant it on beaver dams that have mud build up.
Features and Benefits:
- Walk n Toss is made up of nearly 50% annual to Perennial varieties and returns year after year after its established. The Key is to get it planted as early as possible in the spring. Providing more food in the forest is a great drawing card throughout the year and increases the carrying capacity of the property that you are currently managing. Feeding young deer in the spring of the year is very important to make sure they can grow quickly and beat any predators.
- As the fall approaches, Bucks will pop into these locations looking for receptive does that may be feeding in that area planted.
- PLANTING TIME
- In the very early part of the spring when the snow has just left the ground, break out your drags of a rake and start scaring the ground. After the soils are exposed, seed the area down. In Southern Ontario its around end of March early April.
- Watch our Soft Track tip videos to learn more on getting this plot in the ground. Very simple effective deer management starts here, with Walk N Toss.
- TIME NEEDED
- If you were to take a location that was 20 yds X 20 yds you can plant it in about 20-30 mins. That racking seeding and walk away.
- Planting a logging trail is a little easier, use a drag to break up the ground on the back of a quad. Drive back and forth scarring the ground. After this is done, seed it down with a hand spreader.
- CALCULATING SQUARE FOOTAGE
- 5 lbs of Walk n Toss plants 5000 st ft. that is a 500 ft long 4 wheeler Or It will plant a 20 yd X 20 yd (70’X70’) square location.
- After the plot is established, (3-4 months) its best to mow it down, with a weed eater, lawn mower. This will stimulate the plants to get thick and lush. Do this every 6-8 weeks to keep the weeds down and plot thick.
- In conjunction with the Food plots, to utilize the optimum growth of the herd, try Blaze or Glory Mineral and attract them to your location right away. Instant, all season attraction with the potent scent of the mineral as well as High Vitamins to get those deer into the Canadian winter in tip top shop.